"[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]
[I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.
basic physics, are not really the situation here,
or anywhere, 'that mass advertising', is the 'dominate information medium'.
most people, catch on to the basic stuff -
ohm's law, more power means a bigger electric bill ,
keep your finders out of the sockets, etc ...
Advanced Physics, are out of the reach, of most people.
including, well known, and popular industry leaders.
how many get to the limit, of their own knowledge, then say 'good enough'?
Then get defensive when asked about, WHY equipment sounds different.
'nobody can hear that' 'it all sounds the same' "YOU can't hear that..."
"nobody/you can't hear below 0.1% distortion "
and my favorite,
'that's aerospace stuff!'
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````
Advanced Physics, which would, could and in some cases, does explain Why,
is ignored, or incomprehensible, to most people.
(and No i'm not real good at math, so how to explain this sort of thing, is beyond me.)
(for now anyway ...)
this place...i stumbled upon via ebay, a seller had it listed as reference. since then ive read all i could and ask more than a few stoopid questions, but i got great answers, in a language i may have had to read 5 or 6 times to get a little glimmer of understanding. very inspiring to read more. as for ivory towers, mine are black, 8ft tall and in the living room
"those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928
I've noticed the traffic here died down since this thread started. What gives?
Dan
at my age my what remains of my hearing won't qualify me as anything connected to sound, but my "bull...." detector still works.
and yes I think a lot of the tube and cable "fanboys" are over the top.
for me there has always been a good enough comfort level.
[about to get diminishing return on one's $$$$]
others may seek improvement beyond reason
bon adventure
Kercher,
The traffic doesn't have anything due to this post.
It is just the time of year.....
-chris
Yep - forums are busiest during the week and in the winter. People goofing off at work do most of the posting, I guess. And the home audio sport always seems dead in the summer.
(me - I goof off all year round)
Bookmarks